Author Topic: Single Click Windows Development Installer  (Read 20258 times)

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
Single Click Windows Development Installer
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2015, 09:32:36 AM »
Both systems are Win7/64bit. The new fix didn't work either - same problem.
In c:\Python26\Lib\site-packages I've got only pinproc.pyd, no pypinproc.pyd

That's correct. It's pinproc.pyd.  The second installer I sent you via PM provides a few other libraries but that might have been missed. At this point we might as well just cross everything off that list.

Do you have the file MSVCR90.dll on your system (the microsoft Visual Studio C++ Runtime 2008/9.0)?  That's my best guess at this point. You get it from MS, here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

If that doesn't work we can open up pinproc.pyd in dependency walker (depends.exe) and see what's red. Then we will no, for certain, what is missing. http://www.dependencywalker.com/

I'm sorry I'm not done with the latest installer. I'm trying to make it as smart as possible about providing good information on failure.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:34:16 AM by MOcean »

Prodd

• View Profile
Re: Single Click Windows Development Installer
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2015, 10:46:20 AM »
I'm sorry I'm not done with the latest installer. I'm trying to make it as smart as possible about providing good information on failure.

No hurry! I appreciate really your help!

Now the "funny part": I read before about C++ runtime and installed it already some time ago. BUT: MSVCR90.dll is not on the machine. Even with repairing, or reinstalling the file is missing.

Now I've insalled the depencywalker. Here is he "red list" (all with "the System can't find the file"):
API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-1.DLL
DCOMP.DLL
GPSVC.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »
Does MSVCR90.dll also appear in the red list?  Those that you listed are usually supplied by some MSVCRxx.dll. Is it possible that I linked you to the 32bit version and not the 64bit one? 

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2015, 12:42:56 PM »
Ok, the second installer I sent you via PM was built on Windows 8 and some of the dependencies that it's complaining about not being met are possibly due to that.

Delete this file: C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin\msvcr90.dll and it should instead uses the version of that file provided by the MS installer instead.  It should have been placed in c:\windows\system32 if it was the 64 bit version.  The 32 bit version is placed in SysWOW64 (no, that's not backwards).  If removing the file doesn't fix it, then the problem is my pinproc.pyd will only work on Windows 8 and newer, and as such I'll be sure to build one on XP.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »
Beta version is finally done.  Used the -dev branches so it should make p3-roc users happy.  Tested working on a brand new system. Lots of smarter error checking, etc. it's still in early stages so I won't post a link until I get some more feedback from the pilot group.

Pm me if you'd like it before then.

- Michael

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »
The new installer seems to be working. It has been tested on Win7 x86, Win7 Pro 64bit, Win 8.1 64bit, and as of today, Win 10 64bit.

You can choose which branch you want to install during the install process.

Just because it has been tested working doesn't mean that we won't encounter further errors. Put differently: I take no responsibility for what this does to your system :)

One nagging issue is that sometimes installing Python returns a non-zero exit code (255) after installing successfully. You can select "continue installation" if that occurs and you'll be fine.

For now, you can download the installer here. If you do, PLEASE post if it worked for you or not and which Operating System you installed on.

I hope this helps people. It was quite a lot of work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/254844/proc-environment-installer/proc_env_installer.exe

dave_h

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
Nice one Mikey. I haven't tried it out yet myself because I can't be dealing with breaking anything, it's the last thing I need right now but I'll be passing link along to others that probably do not even have a Python install which would be perfect for testing.

Saying that... I do have an old laptop with a fresh XP install I can dig out to test.

Will let you know how it goes either way and give OS information.

Cheers.

Edit:
Forgot kiss  :-*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:16:51 PM by dave_h »

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2015, 02:18:00 PM »
lol. Thanks. I used it the other day for a machine I was legitimately setting up for my own use (win7, 64bit) and was pleased to have it be one click and done.

Unfortunately it doesn't do PyProcGameVGA or HD, but I'm tempted to add them as options since it'd make my life easier.  I can also put a vpgamemap and register vpcom since those are very easy to add on. Actually installing VP is easy but I haven't even begun to look at the license...  Seems no matter what I cross off the to do list is always the same length :)

Prodd

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
Great Job Michael! Although I'm pinched for time I can't resist to test it on another machine...

On Win7 32 Home and Win7 64 Pro it runs smooth & uncomplicated  :D

MANY THANKS!!!

dave_h

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't do PyProcGameVGA or HD

I think with the last few games I've started I just add the different procgame frameworks into the actual game folder itself. It's really helped having the config.yaml work from the game dir with VP.

That way bypasses the need to register it each time I wanted to use a different version of pyproc on same test comp. I could be dreaming but I'm sure it works fine like that. This is what happens if you take too much of a break, I can't remember :)

I'm gonna try and get time Sunday and install the skeleton & check out the other display with it though.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't do PyProcGameVGA or HD

I think with the last few games I've started I just add the different procgame frameworks into the actual game folder itself. It's really helped having the config.yaml work from the game dir with VP.

That way bypasses the need to register it each time I wanted to use a different version of pyproc on same test comp. I could be dreaming but I'm sure it works fine like that. This is what happens if you take too much of a break, I can't remember :)

I'm gonna try and get time Sunday and install the skeleton & check out the other display with it though.

Yep, config.yaml is loaded from the same folder, even for Visual Pinball now :)

dave_h

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2015, 09:08:26 PM »
Yes this whole process is getting ridiculously easier now , no excuses, anyone new would just need to learn some basic python.

This isn't the place for it but while it's fresh in the brain it maybe good if I convert the default table for VP10 to use the skeleton. There's enough elements in that game to do this and will give me another reason to try it out.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »
Well, Running VGA is easy once the base install is there, since it is built on PyGame.  Running HD is harder as there are many more dependencies.  I've already started organizing them for the next installer for HD...

Yes this whole process is getting ridiculously easier now , no excuses, anyone new would just need to learn some basic python.

This isn't the place for it but while it's fresh in the brain it maybe good if I convert the default table for VP10 to use the skeleton. There's enough elements in that game to do this and will give me another reason to try it out.

bobla

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »
The new installer seems to be working. It has been tested on Win7 x86, Win7 Pro 64bit, Win 8.1 64bit, and as of today, Win 10 64bit.

You can choose which branch you want to install during the install process.

Just because it has been tested working doesn't mean that we won't encounter further errors. Put differently: I take no responsibility for what this does to your system :)

One nagging issue is that sometimes installing Python returns a non-zero exit code (255) after installing successfully. You can select "continue installation" if that occurs and you'll be fine.

For now, you can download the installer here. If you do, PLEASE post if it worked for you or not and which Operating System you installed on.

I hope this helps people. It was quite a lot of work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/254844/proc-environment-installer/proc_env_installer.exe

Michael, thanks for the work you put into this.

Unfortunately, I'm having the same error as Prodd had when checked in dependency walker
API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-1.DLL
DCOMP.DLL
GPSVC.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

I've tried the C++ installer again and also moved msvcr90.dll  to each directory in turn, any ideas?

Fakepinproc works to load the game but trying to boot the machine gives the error "Flushing read buffer: 0 bytes trashed Verifying ID chip took too long to receive data"

This is a fresh Win 7 64 bit install, I have the game working fine on an older XP system

Any help much appreciated

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
Single Click Windows Development Installer
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2015, 07:44:55 PM »
If FakePinProc is loading the game ok, but when connected you're even able to see that error message, I think your drivers are just fine.

Are you sure your P-ROC is powered and your USB cable is good?  You might want to try power cycling your P-ROC just for good measure and trying again.