The P-ROC (Pinball - Remote Operations Controller) is a circuit board that enables a computer to control a pinball machine over USB.
- USB interface to host computer of your choice
- 32 direct drivers
- 32 direct switch inputs
- 16x8 switch matrix
- DMD controller
- Automatic control of up to 208 drivers
- Runctions: on/off, timed pulse, schedule, PWM
- Automatic scanning of direct and matrixed switches
- Sends state changes per switch back to host over USB
- Configurable switch rules
- Automatically send commands to one or more drivers in response to switch state changes
- Used for low latency reactions to switch events (flippers, pop bumpers, slingshots, etc)
- Auxiliary bus controller for controlling:
- External logic circuits
- Alphanumeric displays
- Watchdog timer to protect your machine from software crashes
- Develop your pinball ruleset in the language of your choice on the PC. The P-ROC hardware controls the drivers and reads the switch matrix for you, providing switch events as they occur.
- Functionality verified in all 3 major operating systems (Windows, OS X, Linux)
- Use open source software developed for use with a P-ROC to get your homebrew pinball project off the ground quickly. A P-ROC can be used with existing pinball driver boards or those of your own design.
Now you can implement custom game software!
The P-ROC communicates with a host PC over USB. Your custom game software applications will run on the PC and use the P-ROC for control of the real-time machine related functions, such as switch monitoring, output driving, and DMD driving. Therefore, the game application can implement the high level game management functions and leave the low level timing critical functions to the P-ROC, thereby eliminating any potential problems with bus latency or software reaction time.
Availability: Temporarily back-ordered
Regular price: $325
w/ WPC or WPC-95 mounting plate: $329
w/ Stern mounting plate: $339